New School

This was a big week for Emily. She started at her brand new preschool this week. You can check it out at www.primrosewestcary.com. It is really nice and is a 5 star center. Emily's room is really big and has nice windows. There are pretty hardwood floors and lots of nice toys and books. They do art every day and a lot of times there is even a pic of each child doing their art project posted on the wall next to the art. We get a monthly printed newsletter with the calendar of events and menu. It also has the educational themes for the month. Then each week we get an e-newsletter too. If anyone wants to see the newsletters, let me know and I will send them.

Most importantly, though, Emily seems to really like it. There were really no transition problems at all. No tears when we got there. No tears when I left. Thursday she did not want to go home. She was on the playground pushing a plastic lawn mower when I got there and I had a hard time convincing her it would be there tomorrow. And on Friday, she went potty in the potty for the first time at school! I was shocked. About a week ago, she went on the potty at home but she has not done it since. I can't believe she did it in a brand new place.

On Monday, Emily's friend from her old school, Marissa, will be joining her in the new school. I have to think that will only make things even better for Emily. Marissa and Emily were good buddies at the last school. I was glad we were able to move them together. So, I guess this turned out to be a pretty good move for Emily.