


Emily and Mommy visited Uncle Scott in Boone this weekend while Daddy worked the night shift for OB. We had a great visit. First, Mommy got her first tour of Uncle Scott's house. I have been promising to visit for 2 years and I finally made it and I finally got to see his house. Next, Uncle Scott took us to visit Emily's favorite waterfall across the street from his house. We arrived about 6:30, so after our waterfall visit it was time for dinner and then sleep.
This morning, Aunt Karen came down with a bad cold. Poor Aunt Karen. So she stayed home and Uncle Scott took us to visit the campus of Appalachian State University. We saw his office, the bookstore, the student union, the geology labs, the rock "museum" and the big rock garden outside the geology building (Emily's favorite part). After our tour, we had lunch in downtown Boone at Macadoo's Tavern. After nap, we took Emily to a fun little playground. Amazingly enough, she can climb a rock wall! Daddy had been helping her practice at our playground at home so I am sure we have Daddy to thank for the development of this new skill.After playtime, we had dinner at Scott's favorite Mexican restaurant. Then we came home, had bath time and Emily and Uncle Scott played guitars and sang until bed time. Stay tuned for a video of that! We had a great time and do hope to come back again for another visit.

