Valentine's Day!

Since Valentine's Day is Monday, we
went ahead and gave Emily her Valentine's gifts on Saturday. This was an all Dora holiday. She is really into Dora right now. She got 3 new little Dora toys to play with in a castle she got for Christmas. She also plays with them in her dollhouse. She also got a Dora mermaid with snap on clothes and hair that she can brush and a Dora Valentine book.

Grandma and Granddad sent her a $10 in her Valentine's day card. She was so excited that she got her own real money. She immediately told me she wanted the princess keys that we see every week in the check-out aisle at Target. I thought that was pretty cute. I also told her we would get her a piggy bank (with mommy's money) where she could save her own money to get a new toy or something else that she would like from time to time.

So today we went to Target. True to my word, I let her choose a piggy bank. She chose a shiny purple one. It would not have been my first choice, but it is her bank so...purple it was. Then we got our groceries. I was shocked that she was patient all the way through the grocery shopping part of the Target trip. When we finished up and got to the check-out lanes, she went running for the keys. She gave the check-out attendant her keys and her money and he gave her $5 and change. She proudly put the money in her kitty cat purse and took the keys. She even remembered to say thank you.
When we got home, she told me she also wanted another princess. I told her I did not think she had enough money left to buy another princess. She thought about this for a little while. Then said "Oh, I know. Maybe you could share some of your money with me to get the princesses." Priceless. I think she is catching on.