

My Grandma Brown passed away on February 24, 2011. This is a slightly delayed posting in her honor and memory. Some of my very favorite memories of Grandma in my childhood years involve playing at her house and in her huge backyard. I recall one time specifically when I stayed over and we slept outside on a fold out glider just because I wanted to sleep outside. I also recall that I used to like to sleep in her pajamas. For some reason, I also remember her helping me with my lines for a church musical.
When I got a little older, Grandma, Mom and I would go out for lunch and shopping almost every Saturday afternoon. I definitely have her shopping gene. I don't think she and my Grandpa ever missed a band or winterguard competition. They were always there. Always.
I am so glad that they had the chance to meet Emily. I only wish they would have had more time with her. I am glad she is in heaven now with my Grandpa. That thought brings me great comfort. I love you Grandma. I miss you.