I had to attend the Annual Meeting for the Defense Trial Counsel of West Virginia this year up at Stonewall Jackson Resort. It is only about 90 minutes from Charleston and it is very nice. I like to go there. The meeting ended late on Friday afternoon so we decided to make a family weekend of it. Daniel and Emily drove up to meet me on Friday evening. It was kind of late when they arrived but we got an early start on Saturday morning with a quick break breakfast followed by a swim in the indoor pool.
Then we headed outside to check out a little playground and the pier onto Stonewall Jackson Lake. After that, we braved a short trip on the rental bikes. Emily tried out a bike of her own and then Emily and Daddy tried a tandem bike. It was a little too big for Emily, but she was brake and gave it a go.
After lunch, we took a ride on the Little Sorrell out on the lake. It is a big pontoon boat and Emily loved it. Mommy Daddy loved it too because we had a chance to really kick back and relax a bit in the warm sun, on a boat, on the lake. Ahhhh.
We had a very nice dinner at Stillwaters restaurant and then bought a S'mores kit to take to the fire pit area. That was my favorite part of the trip, I think. I love these pics of Emily sporting her S'mores kit on the walk to the fire pit.
.jpg)
.jpg)
Emily toasted marshmallows. Mommy and Daddy toasted marshmallows too. It might have only been a one day trip, but it was a lot of fun. I would definitely do it again. Oh. Wait. We kind of are. We will be staying here again in December when we ride Polar Express and do breakfast with Santa! YAY!
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)