Catching Fireflies

Saturday, July 5, 2014

Amazingly enough, Daniel still had fireworks that did not get set off during our party on the 4th of July.  So, we drug out all the leftover desserts, cracker jacks, blue cream soda and more and set them off with some of our neighbors on Saturday night too. Emily had much less interest in the fireworks and much more interest in God's littlest fireworks - lightning bugs.  They were all over Reagan's back yard and the kids loved chasing and catching them.  I guess since she is still so young we have just not been outside after dark in the summer for this quintessential childhood rite of passage.  Well, that has now been remedied and she loved it.  Of course, she was also very concerned that God's little creatures be set free at the end of the night so that they would not be alone and scared in a box.  I love her little heart and I loved this time out to remember what summer is all about for a child. Fireflies.  It really is about the little things.