Junior Moves in the Field Test

 Sunday, March 21, 2021

Today was Emily's next US Figure Skating test.  This time she was testing Junior Moves in the Field.  I can't even believe it.  Junior moves.  How has she accomplished so much so fast?  But, I'm getting ahead of myself.  First, she had to pass the test.  

We headed to Lexington on Friday right after school and met our skating friends for dinner at Carrabba's Italian Grill.  Then on Saturday morning, we were off to an early morning freestyle session at the Lexington Rink to get test ready.  Saturday afternoon, the girls spent shopping and eating their way through the town - all the way through dinner at the Cheesecake Factory.

   

Then bright and early Sunday morning we were off to the rink for the test!  She had a solid warm up and seemed very confident going in.  The test looked good to me, but then again, what do I know??  She worried that she might have put a foot down at one point, but also thought maybe no one noticed.  Heidi thought the test looked good, so we were hopeful.  And we did not have to wait long...

SHE PASSED!!!  

She was so excited (and so was I)!  Her silver medalist gift (this is the only test she has ever gotten a gift for - I just felt like this was such an accomplishment...) was a beautiful ice skate necklace.  I've had it for her for a while so I was thrilled to finally get it out of my closet.  This means she only has one test left to earn her US Figure Skating Gold Medalist Jacket. WOW!!!