Summer came to a pretty quick halt once we got back from the beach. George Washington High School orientation was Friday morning, August 19 from 9am until noon. The kids got their class schedules and learned a little about high school life. Emily had a full schedule complete with her PE credit and four honors classes (English, History, Algebra 2 and Biology). She also had Health (required), STEAM (required), Spanish 2 and Music in the Movies (fine arts). Parents were NOT invited to attend the orientation. I'm not sure I am a fan of public school already. Where's my orientation? How am I supposed to prepare for this new world? Sigh. For now, all I have to ease my anxiety is a picture of her walking into the building for the first time...
The weekend went by fast and before we knew it, the first day of high school had arrived. Emily was up and ready - and excited to finally be out of school uniforms! She even let me take the traditional first day of school pic. Traffic was rough, but we had a good back roads plan that worked really well. I guess this is the beginning of our new morning commute.