August 5-12, 2023
Our happy place - Marriott Oceanwatch at Grande Dunes in Myrtle Beach. We have been coming here for so many years that I have lost count. I can see from prior posts on this blog that Emily's very first trip here was in May 2009, but Daniel and I had gone several times before that including once while I was pregnant with Emily in June 2007. Anyway, this beach, and our memories here, have been part of the fabric of our family for many, many years and it always feels good to go back.


Since we have come here so often, we also try to pepper in some new things. This year we got dressed up and tried a new restaurant down by the water - Captain's Table - and it was really good! I highly recommend the sea scallops. YUM!
Then, on our last day, we tried something really different - a dolphin cruise out onto the ocean to see if we could spot some Atlantic Bottlenose Dolphins and believe it or not, we did! It was really neat! Plus we just love being on the water.


Then for our final night at the beach, we had dinner at Landry's and then took a walk on the beach at sunset. So fun! Another great week in paradise, but also sad that this basically marks the end of summer too.

![]() |
| We love you Oceanwatch! |
