Thursday, January 25, 2024
As soon as we found out that nationals was going to be in Columbus this year, we bought tickets (great tickets)! It will be a while before it is ever this close to home again so we were NOT going to miss it. We arrived in Columbus just in time to get to Nationwide Arena for the Women's Short program. We stayed at the Hyatt Regency right next to the arena so it was a quick walk.


We were excited to see some of the hottest names in US women's figure skating including Isabeau Levito, Amber Glenn, Lindsay Thorngren and Starr Andrews and some new faces too! I only took pictures really during the warm up because I really wanted to watch the performances and I am so glad I did. Even though I don't have a ton of pics, I have more than enough and I really loved watching the skaters live. In many ways it is way better than on tv. There were a surprising number of falls and bobbles, but after the short, Isabeau Levito was on top with Amber Glenn close behind. A lot of us thought Amber should have been on top, but the long was still to come. Definitely off to a great start to our Nationals Weekend!
Emily even got to meet one of the skaters after her performance. We did not know her, but it was still a cool experience! Afterall, she is a national level skater! And, who knows, maybe we'll see her on the podium someday!