Penn State Tour

Friday, May 23, 2025

We were up and out pretty early for our admissions office presentation and tour.  We had to park a pretty long way from the admissions office, but luckily we left early and had lots of time.  Also luckily it was not raining!  The session was really interesting.  I was shocked that they had almost no essays because I guess when you are that big, you just don't have time to read them all. 

   
The dorm room they showed us had two sides - one side was the more traditional room with a lower bed and the newer set up with a lofted bed.  Emily seemed to like the lofted side a little better.  I kind of did too since you got some storage under the bed and I liked the desk set up with some vertical storage.
   
It was kind of chilly and a little rainy on our tour, but it really is a nice campus and the student center was so nice!  We had lunch in one of the cafeterias (which did not do a good job of showcasing eating on campus) but it was ok.  Since the students were all gone for the year already the cool places with all the food court style options were all closed.  Note to self - do not stay on campus when school is out.
   
   
   
We had a very nice visit.  I think she left with a positive impression and would definitely consider going if she gets in.  So, it was definitely worth the trip.