Sunday, June 22, 2025
While laying at the pool on Friday, we noticed that a winter weather advisory had been issued for our area. I figured it was for the significantly higher elevations, even though Sun Valley was listed (at over 6,000 feet). Well, when I woke up this morning, much to my surprise, we had a good coating of snow, and it was still coming down! On June 22. Crazy! I guess I now know what it looks like here in the winter. I ran for my shoes and sweatshirt and ran outside to get pictures. It was 6:30 in the morning. I had no coat. I got very wet very fast, so I had to come back in, but it was worth it to see Sun Valley blanketed in white. A couple years ago it was 90+ when we were here. Last year we had hail. This year snow. Never a dull weather moment here.