Last year Emily and I went to the WV Symphony League Holiday Tea Party with Ashley & Reagan and Erin & Paige. This year neither of them could go, but Lauren went with us. Bonnie had to work, but Lauren's Grandma, Nancy, was able to go. This year's theme was gingerbread men. It was really pretty cute. Attendance was a little low this year so it was actually a little nicer.
.jpg)
The kids got to make gingerbread crafts and a candy necklace. They also got to have pictures with a "real live" gingerbread man and a somewhat less "live" Santa. This was another event where I could really see a lot of growth and maturity in Emily. I can remember telling her to sit in her chair about 10 times last year and threatening never to bring her to a nice event every again if she did not sit still.
Much to my surprise, threat were not necessary. She sat up in her seat, ate her food, watched the dancers dance and listened to the story with the kids. She was very, very good. When it was over, we got to take the gingerbread house from our table and got a gingerbread cookie to take home on the way out. We also bought the story they read to the kids about the gingerbread friends. It was pretty cute. This year even I had a great time. I hope they will have it again next year.
.jpg)