For Christmas, Emily got tickets for her and a friend to go see Taylor Swift in live in concert in Columbus. I actually bought these tickets for her while on the monorail at Disney World several months earlier. Emily invited Kelsie to go with her so we picked her up Saturday morning and headed to Easton. We got a room at the Residence Inn and then went shopping for a bit. We had Sbarro pasta for dinner with cheesecake to-go for dessert. Then it was off to the concert!
Unfortunately, we misjudged the traffic quite a bit and it took us over 2 hours to go less than 10 miles. We ended up being late for the opening acts, but we did have concert t-shirts in hand and were happily sitting in our seats when Taylor Swift too the stage a little after 9:00pm.
I am not a huge Taylor Swift fan, but I will say she puts on a pretty amazing show. I really enjoyed it, and I think, other than the traffic, even Daddy enjoyed the show. I think the girls were more interested initially in all of the people all over the stadium than the concert itself. The Ohio Stadium seats about 110,000 people and even though it wasn't full, the very thought of more people being in that stadium for this concert than in the entire city of Charleston was definitely a lot to take in. They also loved the glow bracelets that came on and glowed/flashed to the music later in the concert. It was neat to look out and see everyone's bracelet's glowing throughout the concert.
It was very late when we finally got home, but the girls confirmed that it was worth it. The next morning, Emily was very excited to wear her new (and very first) concert t-shirt. #tweenyears
I just hope she doesn't want to go to another concert for a while...