March Canaan

March 1, 2024

I can't believe we are already headed up to our last Canaan trip of the season.  The time really flies.  The skaters got a cabin this time so they were very excited.  Elle and Cate also both went on this trip so Emily was also excited to have part of the quad squad back together for a weekend.

Emily also got a new dress - well, new to her.  We saw it listed on a resale site and the measurements were perfect so I had to buy it.  She really likes it and it will be perfect for her new Novice short program - still to Separate Ways.  We'll also still use the beautiful dark navy one from last year too.

   
Saturday morning the girls were up and out to Thomas for morning coffees, smoothies and treats.  I really like their spinach and feta croissants (and the strawberry cream cheese ones too) and Emily got a smoothie and a congo bar for later.

   
They put on a great show this afternoon (lots of clean skating) and then headed somewhere new for lunch - White Grass Cafe (kind of out in the middle of a field).  Emily and I were not fans.
   
   
   
Then it was time for the evening show and our usual trip to Mama Mia's for dinner.  I can't believe this is it for the year already!  But - we only have 9 months until we come back!  YAY!