December Canaan

Saturday, December 14, 2024

December Canaan is my favorite because it always feels so festive and this year we brought Grandma, too.  Everyone was excited to get back to the ice, the town and of course, TipTop.  It was a somewhat smaller group this year with only 7 skaters - and only 4 of them Club members - but that worked out pretty well because it was VERY cold. 

The kids got up early Saturday morning so they could get into town to visit Tip Top before the show.  That little place never disappoints.  I got a Santa's Secret Latte (with eggnog) and it was incredible.  Emily once again got her beloved pumpkin muffin with espresso icing.

   

   
The kids put on a great show (as always) and then they got changed before heading back into town for lunch at Wicked Wilderness.  I like that place.  The food is usually pretty good and always hot.  Then it was time to get back and rest up for the evening show.  I did a little better at taking pictures this time.  I did a terrible job to this point on the trip.  The evening show was the best of the three, I think.  The ice was better than it was earlier in the weekend.  Emily skated great.  And we wrapped up the trip with the traditional trip to Mama Mia for dinner after the show.  Another great Canaan weekend!
   
   
Can't wait to come back in January...and February...and maybe even March.  And next time I hope to take more pictures.