Well, I recognize that this is not the best picture in the world, but since we were not actually at the Walk-a-Thon, I had to rely on pics taken by others and this was the only one of Emily.
This one is way better (I swiped it from the school photostream page) but you cannot see her as well. Anyway, Bible Center School had its annual Walk-a-Thon while we were in Hawaii. The kids got a bit of a workout side and raised some funds for the school at the same time. Grandma Miller was there to cheer Emily on as she completed 11 laps (she only pledged to do 5). In Emily's words "I just kept walking until they told us to stop." Next year we will up our number of pledged laps for sure.
This year the kids got some extra motivation for their walk. A Disney-endorsed group called "Buckets & Boards" came to town to do a special show for them. They did a little mini show in the morning before the walk kicked off and then they did their whole show later that evening at the church. They do a sort of comedy percussion show and the kids loved it!
Amazingly, during the full show, they went into the audience and chose one child to come up on stage and as luck would have it, they chose Emily! See grandma and a little tiny bit of Emily in the pic below? Here is a link where you can see her video! When her part in the show was over, the Buckets & Boards guys gave her a signed poster and a DVD. She is still talking about it. Sorry we missed it, but sure glad Emily didn't!! I'd say this year's Walk-a Thon's events were a huge hit!




