As a family, two of our biggest loves are Disney and Christmas. So this year we combined them...and added in Emily's 9th birthday too! Wow, talk about a week!
Initially we were planning to come down to Disney on Wednesday morning, but a few months before the trip we changed our flights and left Tuesday night. We were kind of late getting in so rather than wait on Magic Express, we took a car service straight to Bay Lake Tower. The only other issue was that we had to change rooms after Tuesday night since we could not get the same room for all 5 nights. But that was not a big deal either in the end.
Wednesday morning we hopped a bus to the Transportation and Ticket Center and caught the Epcot monorail to the park. We arrived right at park opening and headed straight to Frozen Ever After. We only waited about 30 minutes so it worked out great.
From there we headed to Soarin'. I love the new "Around the World" version. I never thought I would like a new movie as much as the old one, but I definitely do.
The Fast Pass Tiers makes it hard because we would like to get Frozen, Soarin' and Test Track, but you can only pick one. The others you have to ride right at park opening or risk really long lines later in the day. But, our park opening strategy worked! After a short wait for Soarin' we headed off to Test Track.
This was our first time on Test Track and we all really liked it. There is a room where you get to design your car first and then you take your car out on the track through several different road tests-bumps, bad weather, curves, and then finally SPEED!

After Test Track, we grabbed a quick bite to eat at Electric Umbrella. We had to eat kind of early due to our early dinner reservation before the Candlelight Processional. We had never been to Electric Umbrella before, but it was a convenient Quick Service option and it turned out to be a great choice. There was almost no one there so it was nice and quiet. We had a nice relaxing lunch and then headed back out for more adventures.
Next stop, The Seas with Nemo & Friends! Emily has almost outgrown some of these kinds of rides, but I still really like them. After the ride, we spent some time touring the aquarium and other exhibits, which is also really fun.
After time with fish friends, it was off to outer space on Spaceship Earth. I am not sure Dan and Emily like this one, but I do. I feel like you can't come to Epcot without riding the golf ball ride. Plus, it is kind of long so you can rest a bit.
We also had time for Mission Space and some additional rides on Test Track and Soarin'! Yay! Dan grabbed a perfect Fast Pass time for Soarin' so we really lucked out!
