Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party

Thursday, December 8, 2016

The second part of our day at Magic Kingdom was spent at Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party. This is a separately ticketed event, but as much as we love the Halloween party, there was no way were skipping this.  In fact, we bought tickets for both Friday and Saturday nights!  So, this was our first party night and we decided quickly that we wanted to prioritize meeting "Sandy Claws" from Nightmare Before Christmas.  So, since he is so popular, I went to get in line for the meet and greet at about 5pm.  At Halloween, Jack Skellington came out at 6pm, but when he dons his Santa suit, he makes you wait allllll the way to 7pm.  Still, it worked out fine.  Daddy and  Emily rode some more rides and rejoined me in line about 6:30.  We were about 6-7th in line so we were out and back to the party before 7:30.
   

One of the fun aspects of the party was the cookie stations all over the park.  We skipped dessert at dinner and just hit up the cookie stands.  The best cookie station of the night was in Frontier Land and it had ginger cookies with eggnog. Yum!
   
We also took advantage of the lower crowd levels during the party to ride of our favorite rides, like Space Mountain, Big Thunder Mountain, Splash Mountain (in our winter coats) and Seven  Dwarfs Mine Train.

At 9:00pm it was time for the Very Merry Christmas Parade!  My favorite part.  And honestly, narrowing it down to these few pictures was very hard.  It was so fun and festive and I loved every minute.


   

After the parade, it was time to find a seat for the Holiday Wishes Fireworks.  We stumbled upon the great open garden area just off main Street with no one in it.  We thought initially it might be reserved, but it wasn't and there was even a photo pass photographer there!  The space was terrific and so was our view.  We got to enjoy the castle light show and the fireworks all from our terrific seats.  We'll definitely look for this area again!

What can I say other than Cinderella's castle at Christmas is nothing short of complete magic.  In every color and from every angle it is amazing.  I think I have about 30 pictures of it.  But I tried to narrow them down.

And then came the fireworks.  Such an amazing night.  I love this party...I love it here.