Happy 13th Birthday Emily!

 December 10, 2020

Happy13th Birthday Emily!  I can hardly believe I have a TEENAGER!  I'm not that old!  It looks like this 13th year brought bad luck - still enduring COVID and partial shut downs, no birthday parties and no winter sports until January 11 (we hope).  Frowny face.  But that did not stop us from having our own celebration at home with her favorite dinner (meatball stuffed shells with garlic rolls), lots of gifts and a big cake!

   
   

Of course, the big gift this year was Emily's new ice skates.  But she was also wishing for (and received) some other great gifts too.  Grandma Heintz gave Emily a new Lululemon jacket for skating, a Golden Girls game, new Sims content, new skate gloves, a gift card for Ski Barn (when we go to Canaan) and more!  Uncle Scott and Aunt Karen sent a new Helly Hansen fleece jacket and game.  And we got Emily new skate guards, a new Vineyard Vines sweatshirt, a warm pink sweater, a Pusheen advent calendar (so cute), a fluffy Vera Bradley tote and still more Sims content.  

She loved all of her gifts and we closed out the night with Emily's favorite cake from Sarah's Bakery - Reese's peanut butter cake!  Oh my.  Soooo good.  Welcome to your teen years, sweet girl.  Your dad and I love you very much.