Aspen Day 5

Friday, March 11, 2022

Today was our last day in Aspen.  It went by so fast...I guess partly because we missed almost all of Monday due to our flights getting messed up...and partly because it was just fun.  I even enjoyed working with the change of scenery.  I loved watching the lifts, gondolas and skiers go by and I even had a good view of Daniel and Emily heading down to enjoy the hot tub.

   
Today was the last of the runs for Daniel and Emily and they definitely made the most of them as they did not come in until well after the lifts had closed.  They really did have a great time and there were no injuries so that made for a great vacation!
   
   

We stayed in on Friday night to pack and get ready to head home.  It was definitely a great trip!

Unfortunately, coming home turned out to be no easy task.  Our flight out of Aspen was delayed significantly, to the point that we missed our connection to come home.  So, we tried booking other flights, but to no avail.  We ended up taking a flight from Aspen to Chicago and then Chicago to Cincinnati and then we had to drive home.  It was a bit of a mess, but we made it by midnight and still had all day Sunday to do laundry and get ready to get back to reality.