After a full night of sleep, we were ready to check out all Nice had to offer...on electric bikes! We initially planned to do an Italian Market tour, but the tour company canceled on us, so this was our back-up plan.

We met at the bike shop just around the corner from the hotel and after a little tutorial on how the bikes worked, we were off! We started off down the Promenade des Anglais and our very first stop was this cool I Love Nice sign.

From there we headed down along the waterfront toward Old Nice where we saw the marina area (fun fact: only Nice natives are permitted to dock their fishing boats here). Then we started the climb up Castle Hill.




Then we started the descent. I also learned that I had not been using the electric bike settings correctly. Wow, it makes a difference in how much you pedal if you get the electric settings right.


By the time we got back it was time for lunch. We found a great pizza shop just up the street from the bike place. It was my favorite pizza of the trip for sure.


Then we found ice cream! Well, gelato actually and they even topped it with a macaron! YAY!




Then, on our way back toward the hotel, we found the cutest little French carousel and we (ok, I) just had to ride it. Luckily, Emily was willing to ride with me and of course we rode the upstairs horses because I had never been on a double decker carousel! So much fun!

Before we headed in for the night, we made time for one more gelato stop...because of course we did. What a great first full day in Nice!

After lunch we set off on foot to see more of Nice and all the fun things around the hotel. We found all the fancy shops (including a Benetton - I had not seen one of those in years), Place Massena (black & white checkered square) and the Fountain de Soleil.



With a little more spring in our step, we continued onward in our adventure. Our wanderings took us through the streets and alleys of Old Nice. There were sections that were 100% like what I pictured France would be like and it almost felt like being in a movie. I really, really enjoyed Old Nice.



![]() |
| We even found a plant shop for Emily! |

We were getting pretty tired so we grabbed dinner near the hotel and before turning in for the night, we decided to walk down to the beach and dip our toes in the Mediterranean Sea!


