Animal Kingdom

Saturday, November 9, 2024

Fitting for our Animal Kingdom day - on our way out of the resort look what we found - turkeys!  I love how the one big guy was all fluffed up!  I have never seen a wild turkey do that before -so handsome!

   
Then we were off to see the rest of the animal friends at Animal Kingdom...but first a Christmas tree pic!
   
Not pictured, our first stop was Starbucks for the new holiday drinks and snacks!  Then we were off to Kilimanjaro Safari to see all the animals.  I still think this is a ride I could ride over and over again and never get bored - you never really get to see all the same animals each time.  This time we did not see the cheetahs or the painted dogs, but we had a great view of the white rhino, the lions and a mom and baby elephant!  So cute!!
   
   
   
   
After the safari, we visited Gorilla Falls trail.  We haven't done this in a few years and it was fun to get to see the gorillas and other animals on that trail.
   
   
From there we conquered Expedition Everest...for like the 100th time...but it is fun every time.  No ride photo this time.  Not sure what happened.
   
Then we decided to pop into the bird show - Feathered Friends in Flight.  I love this show and it is another one that never gets boring because you just don't know what the birds (or actors) will do.
   
   
Then we grabbed a quick lunch at Pizzafari.  I always enjoy my meals there, honestly and this time they had an amazing pumpkin apple cupcake that I could have ordered a dozen more times easily.  YUM!
Then it was time to make our way to Dinosaur for one last ride.  Not sure exactly when this ride is closing for re-theming, but it will likely be before we come back in September or October next year. 
   
   
 Then we closed out the day in Pandora to ride Flight of Passage.  No pics on this ride, of course, but it was still really fun!
   
   

Then it was time to go back to the resort to rest and get ready for Jollywood Nights at Hollywood Studios!  Can't wait!