Bunny Brunch 2015

Sunday, March 22, 2015

I have lost track of how many years we have been doing Bunny Brunch for the Ronald McDonald House.  I know we did it for several years before Emily was born and I think it kind of fell off the rails a little for 2 of the three years that I was in North Carolina, but even so we must be going on 10 years now at least.  Anyway, this year I turned over the reins (mostly) to Ashley Stapleton and Laura Kiliany and they did a great job!  I still built a lot of baskets and helped with set up and ticket sales and stuff, but they handled most of the heavy lifting.
  
The up side of this transition was that I actually got to attend the brunch this year and take Emily and our neighbor friend, Abby.  The girls had a blast.  They ate mini pancakes, doughnut holes, fruit and juice.  They had a great time putting their raffle tickets in the baskets of their choice too.  Top ticket getting baskets included Barbie, American Girl and Frozen (of course).  And amazingly they actually won two Frozen baskets.  The girls did a great job dividing up the items in each basket between them and they even shared some of the items in their baskets with a couple of girls who did not win anything.
The girls also got have their pictures taken with the Easter Bunny, eat cake and color some Easter pictures.  We ALL had a very good time.