Drama Recital

Monday, March 23, 2015
Emily's Drama Recital was a little earlier this year which really worked out well.  Last year it seemed like they had sooo much to memorize and perform in the last 4 weeks of school.  So it was nice to get this out of the way a little earlier.  She did a fantastic job.  Way better than she even practiced at home.  I about burst into tears I was so proud of her.  She definitely used best efforts and we celebrated with ice cream from Maggie Moos.  Now we are waiting on the judge's assessments to see if she earned a gold, silver or bronze medal.  Fingers crossed.  She has her heart set on gold.

Emily's poem this year was:

"I Tried To Do My Homework" by Jack Perlutsky.

I tried to do my homework and I finished late last night.
It was our science project, but I couldn't get it right.
I made a little creature out of seven kinds of slime.
Plus pudding and pastrami and a lemon and a lime.

The thing began to wiggle in a creepy sort of way.
I sensed that my experiment was going far astray.
It started making noises that I didn't understand.
This was truly unexpected, not at all what I had planned.

It warbled and it whistled and unleashed an awful roar.
Then it bobbled up and down a bit and oozed across the floor.
Then suddenly that thing I made went totally berserk.
My science homework ate my dog!
I guess it needs more work.

  

UPDATE!!

She earned a GOLD MEDAL for her performance!