Christmas Day 2021

 Saturday, December 25, 2021

Merry Christmas!!  Unlike last year, we did not awake to snow.  In fact, it has been in the upper 50's to low 60's for several days and this morning was no exception.  Cloudy but a very warm welcome to Christmas Day 2021.

The kids slept in later than I thought they would so Zoey got to enjoy her Christmas treats first.  

   
   

We didn't start opening stockings with the kids until 9:00am!  After we got the stockings opened, we sat down to breakfast: egg nog coffee cake from Christmas Eve morning, egg casserole and gingerbread french toast too.

   
   

Then it was time for the main event - Presents Presents Presents and more Presents!  

Wesley was hoping for dinosaurs and Angry Birds.  Nora was wishing for all things Jelly Cat and squishable - including a giant squishy bread.  The kids must have been good because all wishes were granted!

   
   
   

High on Emily's wish list this year were new clothes, pjs and some accessories (bracelets, earrings, etc.)  She must have been good too because all of her wishes were granted too!  SHe also got a boot bag for her new ski boots and her big surprise was not one, but 2 paid of Nike Air Force One tennis shoes!  You will be able to see in the pics her great surprise with the shoes. Great Christmas moment!

   
   
   
   
Daniel was good this year too and received new bike accessories, running shirts, a Star Wars subscription box and a Seinfeld collector's box among other things.  I think he had a nice Christmas too!
   
   
I think when I have all the kids here at Christmas I tend to miss the photos of the grown ups.  I did manage to get a few pics of Grandma, though.  She was excited to receive new jeans, a new purse, long underwear and a new bedspread among other nice gifts.  I really only got pics of Scott and Karen with the kids, but it is better than nothing.  I, of course, am not in any of the pics.  I always forget to hand my camera/phone off to others.  Oh well.  I can promise I was there.
   
   
After presents were opened we had turkey cranberry sandwiches and potato soup and then it was off to the playground for the kids.  No way were they going to miss out on a warm Christmas Day!  And we could not close out Christmas without a picture of all the cousins together.  They're only little once...and they are oh so cute.  Our very Merry Christmas 2021 is in the books!