Saturday, September 21, 2024
This morning we had to be up and out VERY early. Practice ice at 7:30am and free skate at 8:30 and Emily was third to skate. I was a little worried with how early everything was today that she might not have a very strong skate, but I was wrong! She had a nice clean program again complete with level 3 and 4 spins and all of her jumps too! She finished strong - 6th overall with a total score of 83.71! What a great season she has had this year!
After Emily's group ended we made a beeline to the hotel to change and then head to Skater's Edge. Time for new skates! These last ones have given almost 4 full years of faithful service, but it was time to retire them and replace them and we know Chris and Carl would help us do just that. What an exciting day!
Then, since there was still a little bit of time before we had to head home, we made our way down the street to the nearest Tesla dealer for some test drives. We have some interest in making our next car fully electric so this was a good opportunity to try it out. I didn't really expect to like it, but I have to admit it was really fun to drive. We all tried it out and everyone loved it. Now we just need a little time to do some more research and really think about it before making a decision, but I will admit again, it was fun to drive.