Kings Island Girls Trip

Saturday, July 20, 2019

Way back before the summer even started, Molly and I planned a Kings Island trip for our girls.  We had talked about it for several years, but we were waiting for Josie to get a little taller.  Then finally this year Josie hit 48" and Abby hit 54".  This meant that they could all ride almost everything.  There were only maybe 4 rides Josie couldn't do and  I think the big girls only did two of them.  So it really worked out perfectly.

We started out in Planet Snoopy with some rides everyone could do together.  First stop, Boo Blasters and then Woodstock Express!
   
Then we hit up a few more Snoopy favorites along our way too.
Then it was time for a water ride.  It was well over 90 degrees and there was an excessive heat watch in effect too.  But luckily, Snoopy Land has the log ride!  I swear they added water to this ride because we got absolutely drowned.
With a couple mini-coasters and the log ride under our belt, it was time to take the big girls for the big coasters. First stop, Diamondback! Emily and Abby rode front seat like champs!
While in the area of Diamondback, the girls spotted White Water Canyon.  Molly and I sat it out because we were still pretty miserably wet from the log ride.  But the girls didn't seem to mind squishy shoes so off they went!  And while they rode, we took pictures...shocking, I know.

After so many thrilling rides and so much water, it was time for lunch.  We headed inside what used to be the Red's Baseball restaurant for a quick bite in the air conditioning.  Ahhhh.  Our rest and A/C didn't last long and before we knew it we were right back out to the rides including Mystic Timbers.
Then it was time to slow things down a bit with a trip to the petting zoo!  I'm always shocked that there aren't more people in the little petting zoo.  It is so fun to pet and feed all those friendly little animals. I  could have put 20 pictures here, but I did narrow it a bit.
   
After visiting with the farm friends, we hit up Coney Mall for more fun!  This time we did the Stunt Coaster, bumper cars, the Vortex and the antique cars too.
Then we ducked inside for a scoop of ice cream at Graeter's (of course).  Even  after  ice cream, it was still oppressively hot so we opted to stay inside a little longer and see a great Cirque du Soleil style show based on a trip to another planet.  Mom and I saw the same show back in May and it was really good. 

From there, we were right next to the Action Zone so we rode Delirium, Banshee and Drop Zone.


When we wrapped up our time in this section, we had dinner in the Fest Haus (which now serves pizza and Chinese food, who knew?) and then decided we should probably head back to  the hotel and rest up for our water park trip in the morning. What a great day and still more fun to come tomorrow!!