Miami University Summer Skating School

Wednesday, July 24, 2019

It's hard to believe a whole year has passed since we were last at Miami for figure skating training.  But then again, when I look at her skating, I can't believe how far she's come.  So today was move in day.  This year the camp ran from Wednesday through Sunday instead of Sunday through Friday.  So it was a little shorter, but she definitely still learned a lot!

This year at the end of camp I  could definitely see improvement in her axel and sit spin.  I think she also worked pretty hard on her double salchows, but that is still an emerging skill. She's about a half rotation short, but definitely more confident going for it with her axel getting stronger.  She also worked Novice moves with David and Heidi back here at home said her moves definitely improved too.  I think this camp is worth every dime.  I kind of wish she would skate both weeks next year.  Who knows?  By next year maybe she'll have a couple of doubles too!