Today was our day to visit Soak City - the water park at Kings Island. The weather started out just beautiful and definitely still hot. We rented a cabana for the day so we would have a little extra pampering and a place to keep all of our things.
Then we decided to try out one of the raft slides at Tidal Wave Bay. Personally, I like the raft slides the best. I am not a fan of the body slides. I think they hurt! But the kids did not seem to mind in the least.
Next up was a family (or in this case, friends, slide). We had hoped all 5 of us could go together, but in the end they made us split up into two rafts. So I took Abby and Emily and Molly took Josie. It was super fun! And the best part was that I got pictures!!
After the body slides, we headed back to the wave pool for a bit and then enjoyed lunch in the cabana. Ahhh. It was nice to just take a break in a shady spot in a comfy chair with a cold Diet Coke. After lunch, we decided to take it easy for a bit and just float on the lazy river. It wasn't as lazy as I would have liked, but it was still fun.
That would be the only big slide of the day though because just about the time she got out of the water, the storm came (you can see it rolling in if you look at picture of Emily coming down the slide). It rained really hard, but we took shelter in the cabana and all of our stuff stayed nice and dry (another cabana benefit). And while it rained, the kids played in the rain outside the cabana. It was kind of a fun, unexpected moment.
The rain encouraged us to go ahead and pack up and head home. If it hadn't rained, we might have stayed until closing which would have made for a late drive home. Definitely a highly successful girls trip. I hope we can plan another fun trip like this next year.
